Crispy Galette with Butternut Squash, Don Carlos Olives & Feta
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna
- 400g butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsps Don Carlos extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing the pastry
- 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves
- 8 sheets of filo butter pastry
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 12 Don Carlos Spanish black olives, chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180oC.
- Place squash in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with Don Carlos extra virgin olive oil, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to coat. Roast in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Overlap the filo pastry sheets on an oiled baking tray, placing each one on top in a different angle so that all the corners create a star like shape.
- Arrange the roasted squash in center of the pastry, leaving 1½ inches of border uncovered. Sprinkle the filling with crumbled feta, thyme, chopped Don Carlos Spanish black olives and a drizzle of honey.
- Fold in the rim of pastry around the frame of the galette and brush with
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until crust is golden. Cool slightly before serving.